[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-10

Tue Mar 4 12:54:00 GMT 2008

On Mar  3 21:33, Robin Walker wrote:
> --On 03 March 2008 11:46 +0000 Robin Walker wrote:
>
>> I noticed the same with 1.5.25-9 last night.  It's not just calls to
>> localhost: it's ssh calls to anywhere that hang: in other words, it's a
>> client-side problem, not server-side.  I noticed that the -vv option of
>> ssh threw an error report just before the hang, but I did not have the
>> time to do any analysis, as I needed the ssh too urgently.  Backing off
>> to the released version of cygwin1.dll restored normal ssh operation.  I
>> will try the experimental version again when I am less time-strapped, and
>> copy the -vv log of the failed calls.
>
> ... and I get the same with 1.5.25-10.  cygcheck.out attached.
>
> Here are the last few lines of ssh -vv under 1.5.25-10:
> [...]

They are not helpful, unfortunately.  I still can't reproduce it and I
can't debug what I can't reproduce.  For good measure I tested this
additionally on NT4 and Vista.  Works fine every time.  This is yet
another case where the problem should be debugged by a person who can
reproduce this problem.

Corinna

Red Hat