Cygwin & MingW: Ressources of sh.exe arent freed after running

Chris codemasterhs@yahoo.de
Sun Jun 15 19:23:00 GMT 2008

I just tumpled over a problem with MingW and Cygwin.

I tried to compile a new version of gcc and got an error that was saying
me that no more processes can be started. So I looked into the
taskmanager and saw that I had too high PIDs (>260.000) and that my RAM
was full and also the pagefile.

Then I made a restart and tried a configure and saw that the RAM was
going down and the PIDs were growing up as were the pagefile.

The same thing happend when I compiled Bochs. So the ressources gcc used
ared freed, too (I think so).