cmake doesn't like gcc

Nathan Thern nthern@gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:11:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman@kitware.com> wrote:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
> In the original post, Nathan said:
>>
>>  It fails with the following output:
>>
>>   Change Dir: /usr/src/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
>>
>> MORE OUTPUT ...
>
> What is the MORE OUTPUT?  Also, there should be a CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
> file created.   If I could see the error message I could help.
>
> -Bill

Thanks for the pointer to CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log. It helped me
figure everything out. The whole problem was that cmake found a
gmake.exe in my path from my matlab installation. It appears to prefer
that over the cygwin make.exe which is ahead of gmake in my path.
Anyway, I cleaned all the windows junk out of my cygwin path, deleted
the cmake cache files, and everything works fine.

regards,
NT