Source distribution problem with core library

Don Porges dporges@chipwrights.com
Mon Jul 28 16:39:00 GMT 2008

I think that the installable source tar.gz file of cygwin-1.5.25-15 is
not what it's supposed to be.

I installed the latest (non-cvs) source using setup.exe, which got me
cygwin-1.5.25-15-src.tar.bz2.  The specific source file that I care
about right now is winsup/cygwin/path.cc.  By comparing it to the cvs
repsository, I can see that the file in the tarball must be at least 2
years old.  (The function I was looking at is conv_path_list(), and the
change that might address my problem was made in 1.414, in August of
2006; it's not in the released source file.)  The copywrights seem to
have been kept up-to-date in the cvs version; the one in the tarball is
labeled no later than 2006.

Futhermore, the winsup/cygwin directory in the tarball has Changelog
files only up through 2005; no 2006 or 2007. The current Changelog with
2008 fixes is there.  The repository has the files for 2006 and 2007. So
something seems wrong.  I also looked at 1.5.25-14; same story.  (And I
looked on more than one mirror site, just to be sure.)