Freeze with the letter "e"

jrsyangl jrsy.angl@verizon.net
Mon Jul 14 20:21:00 GMT 2008

 Whenever I try to enter the letter "e", and only for "e" (other letters,
"E"
 and numbers are ok), Cygwin does not display the e, freezes, and begins to
 gobble resources unless I close the window with the x. I copied cygcheck to
 cygchck in Windows to be able to get the attachment file. The chronology:
 5/27/08 Installed gnu Fortran Version 3.4.4 under Windows XP Pro SP2, Intel
 Pentium 4; could not get NetCDF to work, but otherwise all is well.
 7/11/08 Installed Cygwin 3.4.4,  X11 and gnuplot; all is well
 7/12/08 Installed gnu Fortran 4.3.0 under Cygwin; all is well.
             Trying to install NetCDF 4.0, i.e. copy files to /usr/local,
 try to compile netcdf test program; on starting Cygwin, get message,
something like: "\r": command not found; then that goes away and freeze
problem begins.
 7/14/08 Realize problem has to do with "e"; send this email.
 Please help.
 Lou Umscheid