installing DBI from cpan and getting this...

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Jul 14 17:26:00 GMT 2008

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
> | BTW: I'm just considering switching from /usr/bin/ to
> | sitebin='/usr/local/bin'
> | sitescript='/usr/local/bin'
> |
> | For now I'm testing it with -Dusedevel configurations, but the maint
> | 5.10.0.-6 package could use it as well.
> | What do you think?
> | cpan bin's and scripts would then go into /usr/local/bin/
>
> I suppose that makes sense for site*, as long as vendor* remains in /usr.

Yes, just for site, so it will only affect cpan installed packages by
the user directly. Not our vendor packages of course.

Anyone knows out of the head how others do it?
gentoo, fedora, debian, freebsd.

I'll discuss with them - as long as it is perlish and not too debian -
and follow the consensus.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/