Relation Between Mount System and The Registry?

Wed Jul 9 21:18:00 GMT 2008

Sam Hanes wrote:
> Can someone explain to me when the registry keys in
> "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2" and the same in HKCU
> get read into the mount table? I can find the source for the mount
> table itself (in "src/winsup/cygwin/mount.cc") but not where the
> information from the registry is initially read in, or were it gets
> written out when a new entry is added.

Why do you care?  'mount' currently manipulates the registry but it won't
come 1.7.0.  The use of the registry for 'mount' is an implementation
detail.  If you're doing something that keys off of this, you may want
to rethink your strategy.  You may be better off basing your logic on
'mount' as opposed to the keys and values in the registry that 'mount'
manipulates.

Holliston, MA 01746