Perl-5.10 on a fresh install reports unable to remap Glob.dll

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Jul 9 16:52:00 GMT 2008

Dave Wombat schrieb:
> I did a fresh install of Cygwin on a Vista box.  I needed to add some
> Perl modules so I ran
>    Perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> After the install began I got errors about remap.  Scanning the
> archives showed that "rebase"
> would help.  Further scanning shows that "rebase" is built into
> install and no longer directly available.

This is wrong. rebaseall is still required, and for perl very likely.
I did a fresh rebaseall at base 0x52000000 onwards, but there are some
still some clashes.

Install the rebase package and follow the instructions in its README. In
short: kill all bash processes and run rebaseall from ash
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/