help!!!!

Thu Jan 17 18:45:00 GMT 2008

octavian andrei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed cygwin in my PC. After that, I also wanted to install "The
> Jam utility" (http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html).  I encountered
> some problems and the reason is because the PATH variable (printenv
> PATH) contains some Windows-based directories (like:
> /usr/X11R6/bin:/cygdrive/c/Programes Files/Common Files/Symbian/Tools)

Huh?  Those look like POSIX paths to me.

> I tried to run "jam.exe" and the error was "This application has
> failed because cygwin1.dll was not found. Re-installing the appication
> may fix this problem"
>
> Any suggestion how to remove the space character from the PATH variable?

Sounds to me like the problem is that the directory with 'cygwin1.dll'
in it is missing from your path in whatever shell/console you're
running 'jam.exe' from.  If that's not true, perhaps it's best to back
up and provide us with a step-by-step sequence that reproduces the
problem in context.  Having full path names with spaces in your path
is not a guaranteed problem.

Holliston, MA 01746