[cffi-devel] Re: how to build gsl dll

Luís Oliveira luismbo@gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:57:00 GMT 2008

On 18/02/2008, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> Luís, cannot this be a bit simplified for :cygwin?
> I've always have to do this.
> "libsndfile.so.1" can be automatically translated to "cygsndfile-1.dll".
> Unfortunately :cygwin is no define-foreign-library target, just :unix.

Maybe. Do all cygwin Lisps push :CYGWIN onto their *FEATURES* like CLISP?

Regarding the naming convention, I suppose we could add a library
designator (or change :DEFAULT) that handles that. E.g.: (:lib "foo"
2) would translate to "libfoo.so.2", "libfoo.2.dylib", "cygfoo-2.dll",
etc.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/