[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: irssi-0.8.12-1

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sat Feb 16 09:52:00 GMT 2008

burning shadow wrote:

> Nope. Everything works fine only when TERM set to cygwin. For example,
> numpad keys in vim. This is default setting for TERM and works
> perfectly everywhere except that irssi build. And since my own compile
> works just fine, I guess something wrong with the release than with my
> terminal settings.

Václav is most certainly correct.  If you are not using a real Windows
Command Prompt then TERM=cygwin is just plain wrong.  If it works, it's
luck.  You should never have TERM=cygwin if you're using putty or any
other terminal but a Windows Command Prompt.

Brian