Incomplete environ when running MinGW apps?

Paul Leder sa212+mingw@cyconix.com
Thu Feb 7 17:08:00 GMT 2008

Phil Betts wrote:

> Just export the variables you want.  That's the whole point of the
> export command.

They're not my variables. I've written an app which runs on Linux and
"Windows". Most of the time on "Windows", it's probably going to be
running on Cygwin/bash. However, there's always going to be someone who
runs it in a DOS box.

So, my problem is, how do I find out if they've got a sane shell or not?
I can't ask them to export SHELL; I might as well just ask them to
provide a command-line arg to tell me what their shell is anyway. I need
some automatic way to do it.

Thanks

-Paul