Can not log in to recently enabled/configured sshd service

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Feb 7 15:12:00 GMT 2008

On 06 February 2008 15:48, Alfred von Campe wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2008, at 9:55, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   How do the perms on /home/av16209/.ssh/* look?  How do they look with
>> CYGWIN=smbntsec?
>
> Interesting.  I had CYGWIN set to "binmode tty ntsec" according to
> some instructions I found by googling.

  It all depends where you keep your home directory.  For a home on your local
HD, that's fine, but if you have home on a network share, you need 'smbntsec',
since ntsec defaults to only cover local drives for speed.  See:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

    cheers,
      DaveK