Cygwin Wikia and FAQ

Tue Feb 5 14:28:00 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 03:14:27PM +0100, Pedro Macan?s wrote:
>Yes, I know it.  But I want the FAQ in a free way (in the same way the
>Cygwin software is, this is GNU)

The FAQ is already free, as in GNU.

>and easily updatable in the wiki, with new questions and answers.

Good for you.  That wasn't the point however, and we're not going to
advocate that users avail themselves of unofficial documentation at
another site.  The last thing we need is YA site advocating non-standard
ways of doing things.  We already know that this confuses users.

If/when we want to put the FAQ in a wikki we'll use the software
available at sourceware.org, not at some other site which isn't
controlled by the people running the projectg.

cgf