OPENSSH passwordless login getting "system error 59" on "net use" cmd with samba

Fri Feb 1 19:38:00 GMT 2008

On 02/01/2008, Terry Orechia wrote:
> >  You should still be able to login as yourself and gain access to
> > your network shares.
>
> I am able to login as myself without passwordless login and get access to
> my network shares.  However, I am not able to login as myself using
> PASSWORDLESS login via public keys and have access to the network shares.
> I need to execute ssh login in a batch script so I need  passwordless login
> to work and I need to have access to the network shares when I login.    Is
> there some other way to get access to network shares via passwordless login
> without changing the user who runs the sshd service and opening the
> security hole?

Yes, it should be possible to change the user as you have without adding the
extra permissions to that user.  This is what I was suggesting (and the FAQ
I pointed to mentions as an option).

Holliston, MA 01746