MinTTY

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 23:44:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I wouldn't mind making MinTTY a regular cygwin package.  It sounds like it
> would get enough votes.

That would be great. I'll need to read up on the package submission
requirements and process. Unless someone would like to volunteer as the
MinTTY package maintainer?

> In fact, if it operates like an xterm on Windows
> maybe it should even be the default program that is invoked by cygwin.bat.

I'd certainly like that, although unfortunately MinTTY doesn't quite fit
the bill yet due to Issue 4 about leaving the console window open. And
of course it needs a lot more testing.

Speaking of cygwin.bat, is that actually still needed? I find that bash
can be invoked more directly through a shortcut, and working directory
and icon can be set there too. The same works for mintty.

Andy