[1.7] Pipes intermittently lose data on Cygwin 1.7

Mon Dec 22 22:41:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:06:16PM -0800, Lawrence Mayer wrote:
>>> Not yet. The bug is still present in the current snapshot
>>> cygwin-inst-20081220.tar.bz2. Thanks for trying to fix it and for
>>> responding to my post.
>
>On 081222 10:47, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Too bad.  Since I can't duplicate the problem it will be difficult to
>>fix it.
>
>Have you tried running the examples I provided in my original post
>(with foo = ~ 5MB text file) on a DOS shell (cmd.exe)?

Yes.  That's what I meant by "I can't duplicate the problem".

>I suggest running each example (in a DOS shell) at least 10 times,
>comparing the file sizes of foo and bar each time.  On my system, size
>of bar < size of foo roughly 25-75% of the time.

I ran it, in a loop, thousands of times, throughout the day on Sunday.

> I'm attaching foo, bar1, and bar2 from the above example (compressed with
> 7zip).

Urk.  There was no need to spam thousands of people with something like
this.  If I needed the data I would have asked that you send it just
to me.

cgf