Limited regex support in newlib cripples syntax highlighting in nano

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Fri Aug 29 13:50:00 GMT 2008

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Aug  1 10:03, Tomi Belan wrote:
>>> Cygwin regex.h implementation doesn't support some special sequences,
>>> for example \< (beginning of word), \> (end of word) and \b (word
>>> boundary).
>>
>> What you're looking for are perl regular expressions and they are
>> only available if nano is built against the perl regex library which
>> apparently it isn't.
>
> There isn't any configure option to use pcre from nano, and including
> pcreposix.h instead of regex.h strangely produces compilation errors.

Nope, that was a silly typo, I manager to produce the package.
Unfortunately some of the distributed .nanorc syntax files are not
compatible with PCRE syntax so I'll have to work on it a bit more.
Expect a new release shortly.

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“ECC curves are divided into three groups, weak curves, inefficient
curves, and curves patented by Certicom” (Peter Gutmann, 2001-08-10)