Cygwin compiler and linker options

Ralph Hempel rhempel@bmts.com
Fri Aug 22 18:23:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor wrote:
.
>> As one of "those people" I wonder if it will still be possible to
>> generate executables that do not depend on cygwin DLLs using
>> cygwin's gcc?
>
> No, we're changing the laws of the universe to make this a physical
> impossibility.  At your first attempt to generate a mingw cross compiler
> you will be shunted into an antimatter dimension where your atoms will
> explode in an unbelievable burst of energy.

Well at least I'll contribute _something_ useful. I guess I'd better
be alone when I do this...

Seriously though, what I think I hear you saying is that when
-mno-cygwin is fully deprecated  I'll need to build a cross compiler
for native Windows executables, much like I've already done by
building a cross compiler for embedded ARM7 variants under Cygwin.

In other words, if it's possible to build a native windows exe under
Linux, it will be possible under Cygwin as well ;-)

Cheers, Ralph