Cygwin 1.5.25 : Very slow command

Burt Silverman bsilverman@nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 16:29:00 GMT 2008

Adding "title" to the CYGWIN variable (e.g., CYGWIN = title) in
Cygwin.bat as per the user manual gives a tremendous psychological
advantage, lowering the slow start pain, as one can see that things are
really happening.  "ls" is working perfectly fine -- I will reboot if I
ever see it behave slowly again compared to Windows native "dir" command.