ctrl-c terminates ssh session using cmd.exe login shell

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Sun Aug 3 18:38:00 GMT 2008

Stephen Quintero wrote:
> Using cmd.exe as the login shell, ctrl-c terminates the ssh session (rather than being propagated to the process on the remote server).

> My question is - is there some way to work around this?
>
> For example, running bash as the login shell, and then running cmd.exe, does not fix the
---
try
(export CYGWIN=tty;cygstart bash.exe) at a bash prompt...

Basically you need to set the env var CYGWIN to contain 'tty', if you already have
something in CYGWIN, you might want to use:
(export CYGWIN="tty $CYGWIN"; cygstart bash.exe)...

You could set the env-var in a .bat file which then launches cygwin?

You can make the 'tty' setting permanently part of your CYGWIN var by adding
it to your windows environment (system properties, advanced,
Environ vars; user...)