inetutils 1.5 / ftpd problem: 426 Data connection: No buffer space available.

Mon Apr 28 07:15:00 GMT 2008

antony baxter wrote:

> ftp> get BCUpdateXP.exe
> 'EPSV': command not understood.
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,99,4,110)
> 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'BCUpdateXP.exe' (226020663 bytes).
>   0% |
>                        |     0       0.00 KB/s    --:-- ETA
> 426 Data connection: No buffer space available.

This means that very first call to the cygwin1.dll function 'write(int
networkSocketFd, const void *buf, size_t nbyte)' failed for some reason:
ENOBUFS is not one of the valid error codes for write(), so it's set to
that by something internal to cygwin's implementation of write().

e.g. smells like a cygwin (or windows) bug -- cygwin is unable to create
a Mutex or an Event for managing the socket communications (e.g.
CreateMutex or CreateEvent in net.cc: (handler_socket::init_events) failed)

I'm wondering if you have different versions of cygwin on the two
machines -- not that it should matter, but if so then the answer may be
simple.  Can you send -- as attachments, not cut-n-paste -- the result
of 'cygcheck -s -v -r' on each of the two cygwin machines?

--
Chuck