postinstall hang

David Johnstone dbj@gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 19:54:00 GMT 2008

>> Thanks, here are the outputs.
>> Actually I do have a logitech webcam, but couldn't find any
>> running processes I could
>> associate with it. In the Registry run section is an entry for
>> C:\Programme\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe boot
>> but I can't see that in the task manager, or anything started by it.
>> The cygcheck does say though:-
>>
>> "Potential app conflicts:
>> Logitech Process Monitor service
>> Detected: HKLM Registry Key, Named process."
>>
>> So perhaps the problem is there?
>
>    THAT'S IT!
>
>  Logitech process monitor is infamous for borking cygwin.  Stop and Disable
> it in the service control manager and with just a little luck all those
> crashes will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

YES!!!
Thanks, I didn't realise the Logitech Process Manager entered itself as a service...
I just did a complete reinstall with it disabled and even with X and everything all
went fine! For the moment I only really need the cygwin X-Server -
do you think that will that run ok with the Logitech Process Manager?
Or is that asking for trouble again?