text file or database for cygcheck -p or Cygwin.com / search?

LDR lee@veritech.com
Tue Sep 25 21:54:00 GMT 2007

The cygcheck -p option is a great tool.

Although, I noticed today a number of problems in using it today along
with the package search function at Cygwin.com.

I also rummaged around one of the mirror FTP sites to see if I could
find a text file that was the logical equivalent of a single directory
listing for all the directories *and* archives in the 'release/'
directory. This must be the logical basis for both 'cygcheck -p' and the
Cygwin search?

Note that setup.ini has insufficient detail about the "components" of a
package for my purposes.

How do I get this listing or database without downloading all the
archives and computing my own?

Thanks,

Lee

Lee D. Rothstein