one more thing

Fri Sep 21 03:16:00 GMT 2007

patrickinminneapolis wrote:
>>> '-I' is for finding headers named in an #include directive. But
> '>>example_wrap.c' is a source file, not a header, so do this:
>>> gcc -c example.c /cygdrive/c/example_wrap.c
>
> example_wrap.c includes <cstudio>, but gcc can't find it, can you tell me
> how to tell gcc to look in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\include\ for it?

If I did that, I'd be doing you a disservice.  You don't want to mix and
match stuff from VC++ and gcc/g++.  That's just asking for trouble.  I'd
recommend just changing the reference to "stdio.h" and using gcc's.  If
you simply *must* have 'cstdio', you can install the Boost package (see
'setup.exe') and then use its:

'/usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers/cstdio'

Holliston, MA 01746