Is there someone offering cygwin paid support?

Will Parsons oudeis@nodomain.invalid
Tue Sep 18 23:31:00 GMT 2007

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Cygwin potentially adds a whole other layer of insecurity on top of
> Windows.  We do try to keep security in mind but, nevertheless, we don't
> recommend using Cygwin in a secure instalation unless there has been quite
> a bit of validation.

I'm curious about this.  I think I recall from years ago a response to an
enquiry about cygwin security that was basically along the lines that cygwin
is as secure as the underlying Windows system.  That made sense to me - why
would cygwin be less secure?

- Will