sftp removing writable bit

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Sep 14 16:06:00 GMT 2007

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> sftp provides you with an FTP command set where scp does not
>
> that's about the only thing I can think of that makes a difference;
> seems like a compelling reason if you are going to be doing complex
> transfers, but if you are more familiar and comfortable with scp, then
> use it
Hey I'm just trying to learn... What "complex transfers" are possible in
the ftp command set that are not possible with scp/ssh?

Hey, I agree, use whatever you are more comfortable with I guess. I just
think it makes a lot more sense to just use the basic command set,
perhaps extended with the "s" commands for remote files, rather than set
up sftp and use a different command set. IOW I've never seen the need to
set up sftp and use it over just using the "s" commands...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Did anyone see my lost carrier?