setup.exe suggestion + patch

Lewis Hyatt lhyatt@princeton.edu
Thu Sep 13 17:57:00 GMT 2007

Lewis Hyatt wrote:

> The simplest way I could think of to correct this would be to change the
> behavior so that when you click on a Category or a Package, instead of
> simply cycling through, you get a little popup menu that asks you what
> you want to do instead. This way, you can go directly to Uninstall
> without dealing with the intervening options. This also lets you see all
> available versions at once, and avoids calculating dependencies
> unnecessarily.
>
> I wrote a simple patch that implements this suggestion. Attached are the
> outputs of cvs diff (in diff.txt) and cvs diff -n (in diff_n.txt). (I'm
> sorry, I don't know much about CVS, is this the preferred way to submit
> a patch?). Here is a summary of the changes:

Did anyone happen to take a look at this message I sent last week? I
thought maybe it would be interesting to someone besides me, but maybe
I'm wrong. If you don't like the extra clicks involved in my solution, I
would be willing to explore others as well. I do think the problem I
mentioned in my original message is worth fixing...

-Lewis