Threading issue in cygwin python 2.5.1-2 ?

Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com
Thu Sep 6 06:41:00 GMT 2007

Jim Kleckner wrote:

> Steve Holden wrote:
>> Jim Kleckner wrote:
>>>
>>> Would some kind soul try the example and let me know that it
>>> does/doesn't work for you?  Setting debug print around the
>>> code suggests that the third Lock object created causes the
>>> exception.
>>>
>>> Thanks - Jim
>>>

>> Not sure this is going to help ...
>>
>> $ /usr/bin/python
>> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Aug 30 2007, 08:07:01)
>> [GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
>> >>>

>> Running the example on the above Python system I just see the command
>> prompt return with no program output whatsoever:
>>
>> sholden@bigboy ~/Projects/Python
>> $ /usr/bin/python test03.py
>
> So it fails, but doesn't bring up the exception dialog.

That's right: nothing at all. But note I compiled this particular
version myself, so I guess it's possible I didn't enable threads.

[Re-installs standard 2.5.1 for Cygwin].

Strange how hotel network bandwidth always seems to drop to that of a
piece of wet string when you really need performance ... oh well, at
least now I know how long it take to download Python at 22.6 kb/s :-)

Nope, sorry, same results after reverting to the standard install. Runs
to completion with no error dialog nor output.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119