cygwin-1.5.24-2 serious shell execution performance degradation on WinXP x64 SP2

Carlo Florendo subscribermail@gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 01:49:00 GMT 2007

Szymon Lapinski wrote:
> Recently I found a serious performance degradation in my gawk scripts
> while running on WinXP x64 SP2, it appears that this is not only gawk
> problem, but spawning child processes in a subshell at all.

Your cygcheck looks clean.

Child processes failing means that there could be apps running on your
machine as a result of the software updates you had.

Check this message from Dave Korn explaining the BLODA:

And here is a [partial] list of those apps:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2007-q1/msg00234.html

Is there some chance you are running any of them?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Software Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City