umount /cygdrive/c

Robert Kiesling kiesling@earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 01:44:00 GMT 2007

Ctalk Home Page: http://ctalk-lang.sourceforge.net

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Tyler Durden wrote:

>> I just typed, mount -c /hidden and now my mountpoints are /hidden/c etc.
> this should do the trick.  Thanks for your help.
>
> That only obscures the name, but doesn't hide it.
>
> Good point.  Is there a way for a user to find out what this mountpoint is when they can only establish a sshd session to the server?

Did the user say if Cygwin is on a different partition than C: or D:?

If that's not the case, It's a bit hazy what it's trying to accomplish.
There's no way - not chroot, not quota, not protecting a MS-DOS partition,
would they be able to obscure the volume Cygwin boots from, standard mount
devices or not.

Regards