Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"

Aaron Gray angray@beeb.net
Sun Sep 2 15:54:00 GMT 2007

> On 02 September 2007 14:48, Aaron Gray wrote:
>
>> On doing a 'tar -czf ...' I am getting the following message for each
>> subdirectory - "file changed as we read it"
>>
>> Anyone know whats going on ?
>>
>> Aaron
>
>  BLODA[*] interference perhaps?  Can you disable the on-access scan part
> of
> your AV?
>
>    cheers,
>      DaveK
>
> [*] - http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2007-q3/msg00174.html

Okay will try that. I unpacked the tar to another directory and did a diff
and there were no differences. So strange error message. AVG will not let me
turn the resident shield off.

May dump AV alltogether, it slows things down to much.

Thanks,

Aaron