Cygwin setup on XP/Vista (UNIX/DOS compatibilty question)

Fri Oct 26 18:21:00 GMT 2007

Steve Richmond wrote:
> Is there a standard (read easy) way to bring over files and run D2U on each file?

I'm guessing what you really mean is "automated".  Not anything in Cygwin
as far as I know.

> I just found a tool called RSYNC.  Do you have experience with that?
> Why isn't RCP and FTP included in Cygwin?

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=ftp.exe>
<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=rcp.exe>

Don't use 'rcp'.  It woefully insecure.  Use 'ssh' and friends ('scp',
'sftp', etc).

> A cool new network tool would be a RCP that runs D2U as a option.
> Does such a tool exist?

Don't know.  But it's simple in principle to write a script that you invoke
to do what you want.

> Thanks for your help!

Holliston, MA 01746