cygrunsrv: Error stopping a service: OpenService: Win32 error 1060:

Fri Oct 19 12:32:00 GMT 2007

Dao, Phuong wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> This is what I get when running ssh-host-config and trying to restart
> the service:
>
> $ ssh-host-config
> Overwrite existing /etc/ssh_config file? (yes/no) yes Generating
> /etc/ssh_config file Overwrite existing /etc/sshd_config file? (yes/no)
> yes Privilege separation is set to yes by default since OpenSSH 3.3.
> However, this requires a non-privileged account called 'sshd'.
> For more info on privilege separation read
> /usr/share/doc/openssh/README.privsep
> .
>
> Should privilege separation be used? (yes/no) yes Generating
> /etc/sshd_config file
>
> Host configuration finished. Have fun!
>
> dwuser@WHMM2476 ~
> $ cygrunsrv -S sshd
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
> 1062:
> The service has not been started.

What about updating?  Have you since tried that?  If not, then I think the
problem is actually that you don't have Cygwin in your Windows path so the
'sshd' service can't find cygwin1.dll.  Add 'c:\cygwin\bin' to your Windows
path.  You can accomplish this through the "System" applet in the Control
Panel.  Set it for everyone (not just you) as an environment variable.

Holliston, MA 01746