How to write directory address under Cygwin?

Erich Dollansky oceanare@pacific.net.sg
Tue Oct 9 01:05:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

Peter Hains wrote:
> René Berber <r.berber <at> computer.org> writes:
>
>>> Are you sure you need the directory path not the file path?
>
> I actually need to specify a file within the directory. I wasn't aware that
> would make a difference.
>
> For the record, I do have read/write permission in the directory, and the
> directory does exist!! I am executing the program within the ~/SuperHirn/make

you cannot define a directory in a C program like this. Take the home
directory and then either move with individual 'cwd' calls to the target
directory or you create at run-time with strcat the full path and then
open the file.

> directory and this is where the file I am specifying also resides. I do not know
> for sure if this program evens runs under Cygwin, it was meant for UNIX/Linux,
> I'm just trying to get it working.

Both described methods work under cygwin, any Unix I know, even Windows
itself and FreeBSD.

> I tried a few more iterations and nothing wants to work, very frustrating.
>
> Any more suggestions? Install Linux in a dual boot system??

You do not need to do things like this just to open a file.

Erich