Can cron cause computer to wake up from hibernate?

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Tue Oct 2 11:43:00 GMT 2007

Danilo Turina wrote on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:50 AM:
> Some time ago, it happened to me that my PC came out of hibernate
> without no apparent reason.
>
> Initially I though that someone, accidentally, hit the keyboard
> causing the resume of the PC, but after disabling keyboard switch on,
> the problem persisted.
>
> I then discovered that my network card was configured to wake up the
> PC when receiving certain kind of packets. Disabling that feature did
> the job.

Many BIOSs can wake up the computer at specific times.  I'm not sure,
but I seem to remember having had a BIOS that that mentioned something
like waking up when receiving something from the network, so you might
also look for that.