Can cron cause computer to wake up from hibernate?

Danilo Turina danilo.turina@alcatel.it
Tue Oct 2 07:46:00 GMT 2007

Some time ago, it happened to me that my PC came out of hibernate
without no apparent reason.

Initially I though that someone, accidentally, hit the keyboard causing
the resume of the PC, but after disabling keyboard switch on, the
problem persisted.

I then discovered that my network card was configured to wake up the PC
when receiving certain kind of packets. Disabling that feature did the job.

Ciao,
		Danilo