Web servers

Terry Bailey terry@bitlinx.com
Tue Nov 20 06:37:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am running cygwin on Windows 2003.  The apache server in cygwin is
running on port 80.  The web server running on Windows under IIS is
on port 81.  If I put in a mime type (say the extension is .abx and
the content-type is application/octet-stream) for the 2003 web
server,  then apache in cygwin quits running even though ps -ef
states that there are four or five instances of httpd running in cygwin.

What is going on?  Does the httpd.conf file in cygwin somehow connect
with the config file in Windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry Bailey