unison-2.27.exe silently exits

Robert Schmidt rschm@broadpark.no
Mon Nov 19 10:13:00 GMT 2007

Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> New versions of the unison2.13, unison2.17, and unison2.27 packages are
> available in the Cygwin distribution. Unison is a file synchronizer for
> Unix and Windows. It allows two replicas of a collection of files and
> directories to be stored on different hosts (or different disks on the
> same host), modified separately, and then brought up to date by
> propagating the changes in each replica to the other.

I've installed 2.27 and and 2.13 on 3 different machines (XP, Vista,
2003 server), but on all of them, unison-2.27.exe simply exits (error
code 1) with no output, regardless of anything written on the command
line (-version, -help).  Using Process Monitor, I see that it does read
default.prf (if available), but its presence doesn't seem to matter.

It also doesn't matter whether I execute unison-2.27.exe explicitly or
through the alternatives link.

2.13 works fine, 2.17 seems OK (it responds to options, but I haven't
used it actively).

I've attached cygcheck.out from the 2003 server.

Thanks for your time,
Robert