from address of cron emails

Rob Siklos rrr@siklos.ca
Fri Nov 9 21:38:00 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre.Humblet@ieee.org>
To: "Rob Siklos" <rrr@siklos.ca>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: from address of cron emails

Hi Pierre,

My solution was to make /usr/sbin/sendmail look like this:

  #!/bin/sh
  ARGS=$@
  sed -r -e 's/^From: root \(Cron Daemon\)\s*$/From:
Administrator@mydomain.com/' | /usr/sbin/ssmtp.exe $@

It's a total hack, but it works.

I have FromLineOverride set to Yes, but I need it to be this way, so I
didn't try changing it.  My SMTP server is a local IIS SMTP server - it
doesn't appear to rewrite the domain the way exim might.  BTW, ssmtp doesn't
ignore "-t" or "-oi".