Cygwin1.dll

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Fri Nov 2 10:50:00 GMT 2007

Reply to the mailing list, not to me.

sroberts82@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Brian thank you very much for your answer.
> Why then, when I build with borland say, there is no such dependancy and I can just give that exe to anyone and it just works?

It still has a dependency on a C runtime library, it's just that that
library MSVCRT.DLL happens to be already installed in your Windows
directory so you can pretend that it's not there if you squint hard
enough.  You can achieve the same thing with gcc by using MinGW.  But as
I already said, this means using only the functions and APIs that
Windows provides, which means no POSIX emulation.

Brian