Please Help!! Calling Socket function in a dll file (that is created using cygwin library), by a Microsoft Visual C++ program resulting in infinite loop

kalasad mailu kalasadmailu@gmail.com
Fri May 11 02:40:00 GMT 2007

On 5/10/07, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> kalasad mailu wrote:
> > This question is also regarding my efforts to create a dll file using
> > g++ in cygwin and use it in VC++.
> >
> > The below program works fine and the output is also shown below. But
> > IF I UNCOMMENT THE TWO LINES in my file dtest.cpp i.e.
> >
> > //#include<iostream>
> > //std::cout<<"hello naumskara\n";
> >
> > and do the same steps. Dll is created successfully, and the MSVC++
> > compiles fine. But when I try to run it, I get the following msg when
> > it tries to execute the init(); (to initialize the cygwin environment)
> > function(MSVC++ file):
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > First-chance exception at 0x610b48b6 in new3.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
> > violation reading location 0x00000004.
> >

> > I am running the MSVC++ program from the IDE.
> >
> > Could you please suggest me how to make the program(MSVC++) work after
> > un-commenting the line.
>
> See
> <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.programming.msvcrt-and-cygwin>
>
> You're mixing and matching I/O from two different CRTs.  You can't do that.

Why will it work if I comment these line. I am still mixing the
cygwin1 and msvcrt.dll?