can not exec cc1.exe

Jim Marshall jim.marshall@wbemsolutions.com
Thu May 10 14:57:00 GMT 2007

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Jim Marshall wrote:
>
>> Here is the cygcheck -svr output.
>
> Hmm, you're using a local NTFS drive and $CYGWIN is not set to anything
> strage.  So no more clues there.
>
> What are the attributes of the .lnk files?  What happens if you manually
> delete them and recreate them as working symlinks by hand?
>
> Brian

Brian,
  Again many thanks for the help. I manually created the links and it
resulted in the same behavior.I did some more looking around and it
appeared that the /usr/lib/gcc/3.4.4/i686-pc-mingw directory suffered
the same problem (it had .lnk files). So I went into the cygwin
setup.exe and uninstalled all of the mingw stuff.  Setup complained that
parts of the main gcc stuff required mingw tools, I unchecked the box so
that setup would remove the mingw stuff anyway. When I looked on the HD
all of the mingw directories were still there. I manually deleted all
the files  in these directories (/usr/i686-pc-mingw and
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32).  I then reran the cygwin setup and had it
install the mingw tools. This fixed the problem. I am presuming that the
setup was not actually erasing the mingw files from the HD (as evidenced
by what I saw) so that was causing the problem in that when setup was
not properly over-writing the existing files.

Again thanks.
-Jim