Anyone using Clearcase on Windows with Cygwin (esp over SSH)?

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Wed May 2 20:05:00 GMT 2007

Shankar Unni wrote:

> I finally got a bit of a clue during a recent login. It seems that
> *occasionally*, my machine is able to contact the PDC when logging in
> via sshd, so that LOGONSERVER is \\pdcname, rather than
> \\localmachinename (using cached credentials).

Further confirmation: the terminal server logins were correctly using
the local backup domain controller, which is why they work perfectly.

So it does indeed seem as if I'm running into
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00129.html .

The main thing I need at this point is to know if there's a workaround
for this issue (e.g. some way to force sshd to always use a specific BDC
for login processing, etc..).