Installing Cron on Windows 2003 Server...

Kevin Markle kmarkle@pbs.org
Thu Mar 15 20:45:00 GMT 2007

Larry Hall (Cygwin) explained on 3/15/2007 :
> Kevin Markle wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm attempting to install cron on a Windows 2003 machine and am somewhat
>> Unix challanged. Is there a documented procedure that works somewhere. It
>> seems that there are tons of posts out relating to this but they all seem
>> to offer different information. :o) I was wondering if anybody has had any
>> luck actually getting cron to work on a w3k machine. If possible I would
>> like to run the service with a Network login if not a local admin would
>> work...
>
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron.README

I used that and it worked I have installed the service as a network
user | logged in as that user and created this crontab file but it
doesn't run. The file runs okay from command prompt but not from the
crontab file?

1       *       *       *       *       /time.bash > /dev/null 2>&1

In my reading I gathered that this was a way to get around intalling a
mail client.