Seeking Installation Instructions for Postgresql on Cygwin

Tue Mar 13 03:26:00 GMT 2007

Thanks guys, now I'm a little further:

I installed that cygserver, and now I can start a postgresql with
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql startlocal

If I try to start the service, I'm getting:
$ /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
Starting PostgreSQL: - cygserver OK - cygrunsrv: Error starting a
service: OpenS
ervice:  Win32 error 1060:
Der angegebene Dienst ist kein installierter Dienst.
[This is a German Windows, and the above message translates to English
like "the service is not an installed service"]

ERROR service start FAILED
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-03-12 09:33:04
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/ABCF48
LOG:  redo record is at 0/ABCF48; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 544; next OID: 17230
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  received smart shutdown request
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down

I would rather like to start everything at boot time with init.
Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for your help,
Gordon