Impossible to start sshd service on windows server 2003

DePriest, Jason R. jrdepriest@gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:09:00 GMT 2007

On 3/9/07, Bertrand Gourraud  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since a recent windows update of my windows 2003 server, my sshd service
> does not start anymore. When I try to start the service "cygrunsrv -S
> sshd" I get the following error:
>
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
> The service did not start due to a logon failure.
>
> I created this service using "ssh-host-config  -y" and the "CYGWIN=
> ntsec tty". In addition following the openssh.README my "sshd_server"
> user has the following user rights:
>     Create a token object
>     Logon as a service
>     Replace a process level token
>
> This service use to work for a year, but after some recent windows
> security update I not able to start it anymore. I tried to uninstall
> these updates but it didn't solved my problem.
>
> Enclosed you will find my cygcheck.out file.
>
> Best regards,
> Bertrand.
>

> --

Do you know which recent update caused the problems?

For example I have a Windows Server 2003 that runs sshd just fine.  It
has all of the Microsoft-released patches up to last month's patch
Tuesday releases.

I am attaching cygcheck and psinfo output so you can compare the
versions of stuff if you want.

-Jason