mount with the latest cygwin snapshot

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 03:33:00 GMT 2007

Hi All...

>From: Christopher Faylor Subject: Re: mount with the latest cygwin snapshot
>Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:34:40 -0400
>
>On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 07:08:27PM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> > $ c:/cygwin/bin/mount -f -s -b C:/Cygwin /
> > cygwin warning:
> >  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\Cygwin
> >  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /
> >  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
> > warning.
> >  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
> >    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
>
>You have to update your mount.exe from a cygwin-inst-*.tar.bz2 too.

So I downloaded the latest cygwin-inst file and did a tar -xjf to my
desktop. Then I stopped all cygwin processes and copied the etc and usr to
C:\Cygwin. But then I got the same warning message the first time I ran my
script (but not subsequent times). But I also noticed that I had the new
files that should have been in /bin in /usr/bin and so on. I did the manual
copy to avoid the in use file replacement problem. I then manually moved the
contents of /usr/bin and /usr/lib to /bin and /lib to resolve the problem.

So what is the correct way to do the update from the cygwin-inst-?.tar.bz2?

Thanks,

...Karl