using chere

Lewis Hyatt lhyatt@princeton.edu
Wed Jun 20 20:53:00 GMT 2007

Lewis Hyatt wrote:

> OK, one last thing, sorry. I did something wrong with the last test. If
> I add c:\cygwin\bin and c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin to the Windows PATH
> variable, then chere does work to open up an xterm!
>
> So I guess the only question is: is there any way to avoid this
> requirement? It would be helpful for me if I didn't have to add these to
> the path. I'm not sure how chere is implemented, but could it just set
> these variables before calling the xterm? Thanks again.

Continuing this barrage of replies to myself... I was able to make this
work the way I want. I just modified the registry keys myself, following
the output of chere -p, and replaced

	c:\cygwin\bin\run.exe

with

	c:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p c:\cygwin\bin -p c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin

I wonder if this might be useful enough to become the default behavior?
Presumably chere is already able to detection the location of the cygwin
directory, since it finds run.exe...

In any case, sorry for all the emails, looks like I could have figured
it out myself...

-Lewis