[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ddrescue-1.4-1

Tom Rodman cygzw@trodman.com
Tue Jun 19 22:35:00 GMT 2007

On Tue 6/19/07 10:23 +0200 cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
> Version 1.4-1 of ddrescue has been uploaded.
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html)

I'm a big fan of ddrescue, thanks for the tool!  I used it
recently under linux to repair an image hard disk that contained
an NTFS file system.

But how do you prevent windows from accessing the drive your
running cygwin ddrescue on?  Or to you just assume no windows OS
process is going to touch the extra drive you have attached to
your PC?  I assume that is the approach, right?  Or is there
a way to unmount a hard drive in windows (say for a SCSI drive)?

--
thanks again,
Tom